Solved

Page with Image

Posted on 2004-03-27
1
152 Views
Last Modified: 2010-04-09
I have a page which is a table 100%

Top row is 2 cells one 20% the other 80%

how do I make an image fit when resizing of the page is done?
0
Comment
Question by:pinkstonm
1 Comment
 
LVL 6

Accepted Solution

by:
Reapz earned 50 total points
ID: 10696832
Place the image inside the cell you want and then set the width and height of the image to 100%. The width of the image will then be adjusted to fit the cell and the height will be adjusted accordingly. As you resize your browser window the size of the image will be adjusted too.

However, the quality of the image after resizing will be low so you might not be happy with the results. Also remember that even if the display size of the image is half of what the actual dimension are the user still has to wait the same amount of time for it to load and you still use the same amount of bandwidth.
0

Featured Post

Is Your Active Directory as Secure as You Think?

More than 75% of all records are compromised because of the loss or theft of a privileged credential. Experts have been exploring Active Directory infrastructure to identify key threats and establish best practices for keeping data safe. Attend this month’s webinar to learn more.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Have you tried to learn about Unicode, UTF-8, and multibyte text encoding and all the articles are just too "academic" or too technical? This article aims to make the whole topic easy for just about anyone to understand.
This article describes how to create custom column layout styles for Bootstrap. The article uses 5 columns to illustrate the concept, but the principle can be extended to any number of columns.
In this tutorial viewers will learn how to position items using CSS's three positioning types Create a new HTML document with an internal stylesheet.: Create another div in CSS and name it Absolute : Type "position:absolute;" and "top:10px; left:50p…
In this tutorial viewers will learn how to style elements, such a divs, with a "drop shadow" effect using the CSS box-shadow property Start with a normal styled element, such as a div.: In the element's style, type the box shadow property: "box-shad…

863 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

23 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now