Looking for a software solution that will automatically track changes on a server(s). It needs to monitor the following (or at least the large portion of the following):
· Operating System Upgrades
· Operating System Patches
· Addition/Deletion of Applications
· Application Upgrades
· Changes in Trust Relationships
· Non-routine virus signature upgrades in response to specific threat (i.e., Nimda virus)
· Policy Changes
· Global user right changes - i.e., removing Authenticated Users from Access this computer from the network.
· High level share changes - i.e., removing Authenticated Users from a certain share
Currently researching www.cirba.com
, but they seem to be proud of their product ($$$). Cost is certainly an issue, as this software will need to monitor ~15 servers (whether independently, or together).
Currently, we are using a good ol' Excel file to keep track of changes, using the old hand-and-keyboard method. This is becoming more and more difficult as we continue to add servers.
nts are welcome.