HTML authoring software for creating a FAQ
Posted on 2004-03-29
I am looking for an application to help author a FAQ compilation (HTML).
- Should take care of section/subsection/question numbering.
- Should create a "table of contents" based on the numbering.
- Should allow easy internal (between questions) and external linking.
- Should allow creating the FAQ as a single HTML page or as several sections.
- The end result should look good on all reasonably modern browsers.
Basically, I need an HTML authoring package that has very good support for nested numbering levels.
For this task, I will have access to Frontpage 2000, NetObjects Fusion 7 and Visual Studio.NET 2003.
If one of these packages fits the bill, great.
Otherwise, please suggest another option.
Freeware is preferred, low-cost shareware comes next followed by expensive shareware -- I like the "try before you buy" concept.