OK - long story - I'll shorten it a bit:
1. Moved exchange from server1 to server2
2. rebuilt server1 and called it server 3
3. moved exchange back onto server3
4. mostly working OK except group schedules and an error in the applications log (which I do not have)
5. to fix this error, i posted a question on EE and from the response deleted through AD an entry for server1
did not check if this fixed it or not because also
6. needed to change all IP addresses in the network - so did this
OK - so here I am
Exchange will not start - it is on a server (not dc) win2k3 o/s and exchange2k
in the Event Log I have lots of errors (not surprisingly)
I think it starts with
"error 0xc004038a calling StrInitialize in REAPI.DLL.
"Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0xc004038a"
Followed by lots of warnings then:
"An unexpected error has occurred which may cause the MTA to terminate. Error: Init Routing API returned error -1073478774. [BASE MAIN BASE 1] (16) "
"A fatal directory error occurred. Change to the maximum logging level for more details. [MTA MAIN BASE 1 12] (16) "
Just for fun, I have now discovered that my crappy arcserve backup will not restore files without the info store running - so I am close to getting desperate - help would be most appreciated:
6. tried to fix
6. now exchange will not start