First some intro. I know how to program in Java and have created a lot of games in flash. I'm interested in trying to create a game with C#. This game would be something like sim city but in 3D. But the biggest problem I'm having is, HOW TO START?? I've no idea where should I begin. I've went to GameDev.net and did some reading but seems like I couldn't get the answers. So here's some questions I'll like the experts to answer. I'm totally new to this area so pardon me if the questions are kinda stupid.
1. Are there any other sites that can give me a kick start on creating a game?
2. What knowledge should I have in order to start creating a game?
3. Are there any sim city like engine out there?
4. How to integrate the 3D with the game?
5. Can I create the 3D in any 3D software then have them imported into Visual Studio? or I have to create the 3D with C# itself?
6. Should I be using Visual Studio in the first place?
Thanks for the effort!