We have a Crystal report defined in an ASP.NET application. This web application works fine and displays the report on development machines (Windows XP Pro w/ IIS 5.1) and on a Windows 2000 server (IIS 5.1). We have an ASPNET SQL user defined on all databases -- identically -- that is being used as the logon for the Crystal engine. However, when we deploy the exact same code to a Windows 2003 Server machine with IIS 6.0 we get the following error:
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[LogOnException: Logon failed.]
.F(String , EngineExceptionErrorID
.A(Int16 , Int32 ) +537
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.GetPage(PageRequestContext reqContext) +539
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext) +189
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.u(Boolean N) +164
CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +108
We have tried following instructions provided by Business Objects, etc. But can find no solution to this problem. Unfortunately this problem is the only problem holding this project up from User Acceptance testing. Hopefully someone can provide us a solution -- please!