I recently did a clean install/reformat of my hard drive. I installed win3.1 and msdos 6.0 for nostalgic and gaming reasons. When i did another format_install of win98se, i discovered that:
1. My hard drive was changed from FAT32 to FAT16
- i was able to convert back to FAT32 using a windows utility
2. My 8 gig hard drive was now showing only 2 gig of useable space
- i initially discovered this while running norton speed disk defrag program.
- i went back and did another format_install with no results
- in system information it shows the hard drive at 8gig
- after the second reformat, the disk space available shows 2 gig, not 8 (in dos)
- after the first reformat_install the disk space available showed 8 gig (in dos) but when i did the win98se install, i first became aware of this problem
question: how do i get my lost 6 gigs of space?