I'm trying to embedd a Crystal Report within a JSP page; and there is very little out there which tells you how do this without using RAS (Report Application Server). Apparently there is a way to embedd reports into JSP pages using a link (http://www.utdallas.edu/~pxm034000/files/hyperlink.html
) instead of the RAS method, although the documentation on this is next to non existant. To use the link mathid apparently I need:
- A Web Server (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- A JSP Server (Tomcat, Jrun, etc.)
- Seagate Page Server
- Seagate Web Component Server
And the actual link is:
<A HREF = "http://servername:8080/report.rpt?init=java
My questions are:
1. Is apache tomcat a web and a JSP server? Or do I need to install a seperate Web Server other than tomcat?
2. What is a "Seagate Page Server"?
3. What is a "Seagate Web Component Server"?
4. Has anyone actually got this to work?
5. What are the main pro\cons of this method as opposed to using RAS?
I use Apache Tomcat 4.1.2, j2sdk1.4.1, winXP, crystal reports version 9