Outlook 2002 problems including the error message “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook”
Posted on 2004-04-03
Here are the multiple of problems that I experience with regard to my Outlook 2002.
• When I try to move a mail message from one folder to another I get the error message: “Cant’ move the items”
• When I try to delete a mail message I get the error message: “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook”
• When I try to download messages the message flag (the envelope) that indicates down load flashes however nothing comes into the INBOX.
• After the down loading has stopped I get the following error messages for all the mail boxes where there are messages waiting to be downloaded: Task ‘EMAIL ADDRESS’ - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'
• A message which is sitting in my outbox (addressed to myself as a test) is uploaded every time and use the send and receive function. However the message is not moved over to the sent folder after the upload and is therefore uploaded again the next time the “send and receive” function is performed.
This problem started 24 hours ago and is a completely new experience for me. I have not done any changes to Outlook prior to this problem occurring.
I performed a test using OUTLOOK EXPRESS which downloaded messages without any problems.
After reading suggested solutions to Outlook problems that looked similar but not identical to my problem I tried to re-install all my email accounts but that did not solve my problem. I have also tried to run the “detect and repair” function but that has not solved the problem either.
Very, very grateful for a solution to this problem(s)