I have a very strange a puzzling problem with Outlook on on network, connectioning to Exchange 5.5 on an NT4 Server
Everything was running well for years until a few days ago when Outlook had trouble connecting to Exchange Saying "server is unavailable". When pressing "retry" on the pop up box it takes at least a another minute to connect and then amazingly it connects. Using Outlook is then a breeze, fast etc. If I shut it down, and restart I then have to go through this proceedure all over again. It is important to bare in mind, this now occurs on all PCS connected to the network.
Tried all of the below..
- I have replaced the hub
- Changed the server network card
- Changed the server network lead.
- Plugged in my laptop directly into the server, still same problem no matter what version of Outlook used. My Outlook XP version says RPC server unavailable or something to that effect.
- I installed Outlook on the server, no problems there.
- Updated service packs
- Disabled virus checkers
- Checked for viruses
Accessing any files from the PC stored on the server or logging on produces no problems. Full speed there.
The only problem is, Opening Outlook.
This happened suddenly a few days ago and it is driving me insane
Surely someone must know something, it is