working with Oracle Designer 6i
Posted on 2004-04-09
I am at present working with Oracle Designer. I am new to it. See if anybody could help me out. here are my following questions.
1) We have something called Unbound and bound items in Ocl, designer. I understand bound items are equivalent to db items and unbound items are equivalent to non-db items in Dev. forms. Is it right? If we include any unbound item and select SQL expression, how to write queries in it? say for e.g.my query shud be like
Difference between date of birth(db item) and sysdate.
2) We have something called item groups in ocl. designer. what is it. When and how shud it be included in OCl. desginer. Is it mandatory?
3) In D2k forms, We use to base a block on a table. once, we select the table, all the fields will be listed in the DB wizard. In a similar way, how can we bring all the table fields listed in Orcl. Designer. OR shud we include them manually?
4) Difference between Module component and module sub-component? Are they same like Blocks and items in D2k forms.
5) How to write validation triggers, and client side PL/sql units in oracle designer?
6) can we create object libraries on Oracle designer. how?
7) How to declare Visual attributes on Ocl designer and include it to an item?
Any help please.