I'm having a problem with my monitor Samsung Syncmaster 170MP LCD monitor. Everytime I'm on the Internet Explorer or on desktop while scrolling or moving the mouse, resizing and maximizing windows, switching programs on desktop bar, typing, anything that I do on desktop my monitor blinks (turned off for 1 second and then turned on again). Also sometimes I'm not even doing anything on the desktop (letting the computer idle for 10 minutes) and it also blinks. Sometimes after it blinks, the monitor shows me some garbled images like on Internet Explorer tool bars, Start Menu, etc. Strangely enough, it doesnt blink when I play 3D games. This is happened about a week ago, everything was working fine before.
This is what I have for my system:
- AMD Athlon XP 2400+
- Samsung SyncMaster 170MP LCD Monitor
- Leadtek A280 Geforce4 Ti 4200 8x
- ABIT KD7 Motherboard
- Soundblaster Live 5.1
- 512 MB DDR Ram (PC2100)
- Logitech Elite Duo Combo
This is what I already tried:
- Reformatting hard drive and reinstall windows xp
- Scanning for Viruses
- Set the Hardware Acceleration to None
- Install new drivers for my video card, monitors, keyboard, mouse, sound card, motherboard chipset
- Updating my windows using windows update and automatic update
- Declocking video card and cpu
- Updated my video card bios
- Switching the video card with Geforce 2
- Checking all the wires inside and outside my computer make sure they're connected properly
with no luck I still cant fix the problem... My best guess right now, everytime the screen shows garbled image, the monitor will refresh itself and that's what causes to blink, but I could be wrong.
Thanks in advance for your help.