Hi PS experts, a few questions for you :)
Using PS 6
1. is it better to apply filters before or after resizing an image (esp. for sharpening)
2. is there a way to make a rectangular selection in the image keeping the same width/height ration automatically ? (e.g. 24/36)
this is to be used in order to crop an image keeping the same format. e.g. 2400x1800 => crop => resize => 800x600.
"Constrained Aspect Ratio" does something similar, but needs actually to setup manually width and height ratio
3. what is the difference between actions and "script" in PS [is it actually the filtermeister scripting?]
4. "16/bit channel" Does it mean PS will do all operations based on 16 bits per color channel (instead of 8)?
i.e. 256 times more color shade values per channel
5. If so is it a good practice to do all the work in 16 bits and finalize with 8 bits at the end to get a 24bits RGB file?
8. is there a way to get a sample of what does each filter for a given image? (it's quite laborious to test 1 by 1 all filters...)
9. is it possible to associate an action to a keybord key (e.g. ^a to start action "contrastit")
10. something not clear about history: does saving as a psd file allow to recover the detailed history as well? (20 items for me)
if so, is there a trick since it does not seem to do so...(history has only 1 item)
11. I think PS 7-8 do mark the images with a "PS stamp" in Exif... does PS 6 does it as well?
Well, for my first question in this topic, this is all I have in mind (currently), thanks for your time.