Hi everyone. I am having a very weird problem
First some quick background info.
1. Have a windows xp pro machine and recently came off of using a cable modem to go to dsl (had a location change). I am using SBC Yahoo! DSL. For some reason, when I get all the cords connected and I try to access the modem (192.168.0.1) I get the standard "Internet Explorer cannot open the search page".
What is weird is that I plugged everything into my fiances Win 98 machine and I was able to access that ip address of the modem and get her computer up and running, but not mine.
Can you think of any settings that I might have enabled that would prevent my NIC from talking to the modem. I originally had an INTEL PRO /100 VE or something. That wouldn't work, so I put in my linksys 10/100 and that also doesn't work.
yes, I disabled the Intel one before using the Linksys.
I do not have any firewall software installed.
Can you think of anything that would be causing this issue.