I'm needing some help on a test project I'm working on. I have setup 2 wireless bridges to accomodate a network link between a clients office and home. This client has an office located approximately 500 ft. from a 120 ft. tower. The clients house is 2 miles from the office location. I have configured 4 D-Link DWL-900AP+ access points in bridge mode. Bridge 1 is between the office and tower location. Bridge 2 is between the tower and home location. Bridge 1 access points are configured using channel 1 and IP addresses of 192.168.1.53 & 192.168.1.54, Bridge 2 access points are configured using channel 6 and IP addresses of 192.168.1.51 & 192.168.1.52. I have enable WPA-psk security on all using a passphrase. I have also disable SSID broadcasting on all points. At the clients office, there is a Linksys router with 8-port switch configured as a gateway for clients high-speed internet service. It's IP address is 192.168.1.1. For the long distance bridge I installed a 24 Dbi parabolic ant. at each end, and for the short bridge I installed a 8 dbi panel antenna at each end. I'm bridging from the office to the tower, and then from the tower to the house. At the top of the tower I have the LAN ports on the 2 access points connected with a short patch cable. In the office I have the access point connected to one of the ports one the Linksys router. At the house, I have a single desktop computer connected to the LAN port of the access point. All access points are set to a rate of 1-2 Mbps, which is the lowest setting. Let me add, I have a good clear line of sight between the 2 long range points as well. I have the 24 dbi ant. installed on a mast approximately 30 ft. high at the house. There are a few trees between the 2 locations, but upon a visual inspection it should be clearing the tree tops by over 50 ft. easily.
Here's my problem: Everything seems to be working fine from a pinging standpoint, and the home pc is also successfully retrieving its IP address, gateway address, and DNS server addresses from the DHCP service on the Linksys router at the office. I can ping all IP addresses above successfully, but when I try to access the internet from the house location through the office Linksys router it starts loading the page, but then it stops and eventually times out every time. I can even successfully ping www.yahoo.com
using the -t option consistently for over 5 minutes. Every once in a while it will throw a request timed out, but 99% of the time it replies successfully. I have modified the performance settings of all the access points without success. I'm starting to wonder if something needs to be changed with my TCP/IP settings (Receive window/MTU) or something. Or do I need some additional hardware installed to make it work correctly.