History.go(-1) not working if pop up window is opened
Posted on 2004-04-19
I want to retain the user entered values by using history.go(-1). The following is the scenario
1. Main page is loaded (Contains code that instructs the browser to cache the page)
2. User enters the data in main page
3. Click submit button and this submits to a processing pae
4. In processing page, the data is insered to db
5. A Script is executed in process page...history.go(-1)
6. Main page is loaded again and previously entered values are retained.
Now, if the user clicks submit button in Main Page, everything executes fine except that the Main Page is loaded again with BLANK data (USER ENTERED VALUES are not shown again even though I'm using history.go(-1))
Can this behavior of IE 6.0 be changed in anyway so that Main Page retains the values after submit using history.go(-1) (including the scenario where user visits pop up window) ?
I dont want to do major code change like using java beans or other mechanisms to retain Main page value. Thanks.