unsolvable for me :(
Posted on 2004-04-20
yes, it's been unsolvable for me. I've wasted my last two days. Please help.
A little preface at first:
- the ftp server is A linux box (RedHat 9, Apache 2, MySQL, proftpd)
- my Home Machine is a linux box , too (Fedora 1, Apache 2, MySQL, vsftpd)
- I had a project to build up a search engine for the ftp server for the local ISP.
- I started developing it with the help of Perl and MySQL (and Apache of course for serving the search page) on my home box.
- After a little bit reading, programming and testing the search engine was ready.
- For testing the search I used Konqueror. Everything was tip-top. I decided to test my search engine with another borowser. With Mozilla everithing was OK again. Ieeeeeee. Just perfect. I was ready.
- With a smile on my face I opened a shell , connected to the ISP ftp server and put the search engine. I tested it again through konqueror. Ieee still everything worked as I was expecting :).
- After the test of some my friends there was feedbacks like this-> "The fucken search DOES NOT WORK". I tested it again -> no problems. hmmmmm I asked myself: "where could be the mistake?!". The fact was that they were using only IE, Netskape or Mozilla. I run Mozilla and started testing. It was perferming only the first search. The next and the next and the next search, just were putting the script with default values for all the variables :(. After waiting some minutes and submitting new search it again performed OK, but the next trials again were failing.
- The ftp server of my ISP is on Red Hat 9 and Apache 2 (the same DB);
now all the information a little concetrated:
-the same script (the search engine) when tested through Konqueror is OK either on my local machine, either on the ftp server of the ISP
-when tested with different browsers it's always good when it's run on my Home Box. When testing it with a browser different from Konqueror and on the ftp server of the ISP - it fails every second run (and the next runs).
Well I think the problem is in the config of the httpd on the ftp server and may be conserning the cache, but I just can't solf the problem :(