Random disconnections on the LAN
Posted on 2004-04-21
I have 24 machines on a win2k network, plugged into a TRENDnet TE100-S32 plus, and machines 1-16 disconnect several times a day. I cannot ping, netmeeting or access them in any sort of way, and they also cannot send out. I can disconnect/reconnect the connection or simply plug in a usb device to reactivate the connection again.
- nic is Linksys LNE100TX for most machines, but not all.
- network is TCP/IP with static IP (no DHCP).
- machines 17-24 have no network issues (they are newer p4 boxes).
- the network status remains 'enabled' after the disconnect, but traffic cannot go through.
- power saving is disabled in nic properties and in the bios.