I am using the bootstapper plugin with VS2003. I have setup the MDAC launch condition as specified at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/vsredistdeploy1_1.asp
. like this
1. Make sure that the Visual Studio .NET Framework Bootstrapper Plug-in is installed.
2. Select the Setup project in Solution Explorer. From the View menu, point to Editor and choose Launch Conditions.
3. Select the Requirements on Target Machine node. From the Action menu, choose Add Registry Launch Condition.
4. Select the Search for RegistryEntry1 node. In the Properties window, select the RegKey property and type Software\Microsoft\DataAcc
5. Select the Root property and select vsdrrHKLM.
6. Select the Value property and type FullInstallVer.
7. Select the Property property and type MDACSEARCH.
8. In the Launch Conditions Editor, select the Condition1 node. In the Properties window, select the Condition property and select MDACSEARCH>="2.6".
9. Select the Setup project in Solution Explorer. On the Project menu, choose Properties.
10.Set the Bootstrapper property to Windows Installer Bootstrapper.
My problem is that if MDAC is already installed on the target machine the MDAC bootrapper fails. For instance if I try to install on a machine that has MDAC 2.7 installed the MDAC fails with the error message specified in my launch condition. If MDAC is not installed on the target machine the MDAC installs fine, the PC reboots, and then the setup continues, and now the MDAC launch condition fails. It seems that if MDAC is already installed the setup fails. I am using the setup.exe and not the msi file to install. Can anyone help me with this problem?