I have a Windows 2000 Server with all Service Packs and critical updates installed. My System (NOT System Idle Process) is consistently around 90-99% CPU utilization. I have done the following, unsuccessfuly, to resolve the issue
1. I have Symantec Anti-Virus Server. I have verified virus definitions, done a full system scan. No virus on the system. I have also disabled real-time scan for troubleshooting purposes
2. I have disconnected the server from the network.
3. Restarted server in safe mode
4. Run Ad-Aware and Spybot. Removed all detected spywares
5. Stopped all services that are not a part of the default windows services
No matter what I try to do, the System process is always consistently high. This causes me to restart the server every couple of days. HELP!