Slow performance on a RAID 5 + Win 2K + Exchange 2K Environment
Posted on 2004-04-25
Server: Proliant ML370 G3
Processer: 2.8 GHz
RAM: 1.5 GB
OS: Win2K SP3
RAID Controller: Smart Array 642 with 64MB cache
Hard Drives: 3 x 36.4 GB Ultra 320
The server becomes slow suddenly. Read: 8 MB/s Write 3 MB/s
Hence, I did the following to check the problem, but couldn't solve the problem.
- Check Diagnostics without error
- Update latest driver and firmware for RAID Controller and Hard Drives
- Stop most of the services
- Replace a new RAID Controller
- Replace all of the hard drives by restoring the data and system state, but without Information Store
Any comment or suggestion to check where the problem is? Thanks a lot.