Solved

The taglib validator rejected the page

Posted on 2004-04-26
2
1,721 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-10
Hello, we are running WebLogic Server 8.1 under Windows 2000 Server. In our web applicaiton we are using jstl but when we try to include the jstl libary in our jsp pages using

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

the page fails with the following error message:

java.io.IOException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: The taglib validator rejected the page: "java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence., "
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:130)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java:258)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java:367)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:223)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:172)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:518)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:362)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:301)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:87)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:219)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:528)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:426)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper(FrameworkServlet.java:339)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:315)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:971)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:402)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

If we do not put that line in then everything works fine but we cannot use the jstl library.

The encoding of the page is defined as ISO-8859-7

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=iso-8859-7" session="false"%>

I am not sure what's going on here, probably a problem with the encoding of the page (we save it in a iso-8859-7 encoding -greek- since we need to have some greek letters there) and the encoding of the jstl libary. At a guess I'd say that the encoding associated with the stream of data from the jsp is different than the platform's encoding.

I have looked at the bea support but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

0
Comment
Question by:girionis
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 
LVL 35

Accepted Solution

by:
girionis earned 0 total points
ID: 10917530
I found a workaround, I just added the pageEncoding="ISO-8859-7" in the first statement so it now is:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=iso-8859-7" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-7" session="false"%>

I have also sent an e-mail to bea support and wait for their answer. I will post here as soon as they get in touch with me.
0

Featured Post

Is Your DevOps Pipeline Leaking?

Is your CI/CD pipeline a hodge-podge of randomly connected tools? You’ve likely got a tool to fix one problem & then a different tool to fix another, resulting in a cluster of tools with overlapping functionality. Learn how to optimize your pipeline with Gartner's recommendations

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
Retrun object in plist format 5 75
Upgrade of Tomcat server 7 271
WEBLOGIC 10.3.6 deployment Issue : Unable to deploy EJBs 22 333
setting up tomcat for external access 4 91
Verbose logging is used to diagnose garbage collector problems. By default, -verbose:gc output is written to either native_stderr.log or native_stdout.log.   It is also possible to redirect the logs to a user-specified file. This article will de…
This article is about some of the basic and important steps to be used to improve the performance in web-sphere commerce application development. 1) Always leverage the Dyna-caching facility provided by the product 2) Remove the unwanted code …
With Secure Portal Encryption, the recipient is sent a link to their email address directing them to the email laundry delivery page. From there, the recipient will be required to enter a user name and password to enter the page. Once the recipient …
Finding and deleting duplicate (picture) files can be a time consuming task. My wife and I, our three kids and their families all share one dilemma: Managing our pictures. Between desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, and cameras; over the last decade…

734 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question