Every now and again I get an error: "The creditials supplied conflict with an existing set of creditials." The most usual time is when I'm trying to rename a computer that is already on the domain and I'm trying to use the domain admin account to do it. I also get this error when I'm trying to connect to a share as the domain administrator when I'm logged in as a standard user.
I've put up with this problem for about a year now, since I upgraded the NT 4.0 PDC to W2K Server. As part of the upgrade, I was prompted to create a W2K domain, so I switched it from 'Acme' to 'acme.com'. (I'm still a bit fuzzy on how AD works, I'm a bit unclear on how the pre-W2K domain interacts with the W2K domain.)
(The server was brought down by a virus and all the removeal tools I had would only work with W2K. So there might have been some underlying problems to begin with.)
I know I'm leaving out details...