Ok, I have asked many people with this unsuall problem, but have not come with a solution that works. Basically, I cannot retreive my mail on my WinXP Pro machine. Any other machine I can. In outlook express, I get this error: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.abs.adelphia.net', Server: 'mail.abs.adelphia.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I have even tried other email clients like Eudora with no success.
The weird thing is, when I telnet to my POP3 server (telnet mail.abs.adelphia.net 110), the connection fails. Once again, this is ONLY on my XP machine. Something got screwed in my registry that is preventing this machine from receiving mail (and it's not the application; I've tried OE, Eudora, and actually telnetting to my mail account). I have had a few registry suggestions to make, but none has worked. This is my first EE post and it's a real toughie. That's why I will assign it 500 points. :)