Problems In Websphere... lookup
Posted on 2004-04-29
I am facing some problems when i try to connect to the websphere server in AIX. I have the Java client in the AIX box it self. The lookup is done like this
Properties props = System.getProperties(); props.putContext.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory"); props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"iiop://localhost:9810");
InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);
Object objref = ic.lookup("XXXX");
Here i am getting the initialContext but the exception is thrown in the lookup("XXXX").
The error thrown is ...Exception in looking up
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: A communication failure occurred while
attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://localhos
t:9810". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct
and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port s
pecification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect boo
tstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and wo
rkstation network configuration. Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: min
or code: 0 completed: Maybe
at com.ibm.WsnBootstrap._WsnNameServiceStub.getProperties(Unknown Source
I changed the URL and used the Ip..again in vain and the port specified is the one i have in the BOOT_STRAP_ADDRESS in the websphere console. I have tried the same from the windows client also but it is not working. is There any problem in accessing the websphere like this. I was able to access it after making the same a clientJar using AAT. Is there any other way to do the lookUp in WebSphere.
Thanks guys for ur help..