IIS6.0 UNC Shared Virtual Directory 401.3 Error
Posted on 2004-04-29
I have the current setup:
- Web server (machine name "server") IIS6.0 Windows2003
- Web server has a header of "users.domain.com"
- Virtual directory named "Test"
- Virtual directory has passthru credentials enabled (the Always user the authenticated user's credentials when validating access to the network directory is checked)
- Virtual directory pointing to \\shares\Users
- Virtual directory has anon access removed
- Only Windows Authentication is enabled
- File server (machine name "shares") running Windows2003
- Share of "Users" has Everyone permissions and security set to Full Control
Both of these machines are in the same domain.
When I try to access http://users.domain.com/Test I get a credentials box which I fill out w/ the Administrator's credentials. However, after that I'm greeted by 2 more attempts which then lead to a 401.3 error. Does anyone know why on earth I can not for the life of me get access to that UNC share through a web browser? Is there a local security policy that I have to set? When I add the share to the "Shares that can be accessed anonymously" list, then I can get through, however the user is not the authenticated user, it's the ANON USER.