Machine: W2K Advanced server running IIS
I have an SSL running on port 443 (just one on this box, nothing on 444^)
Over the last few days I have noticed that I cant hit my site with https (or by appending :443 to the end of the TLD)
I can view the site regularly with http://
on port 80 all the time, but after a while the SSL seems to just stop working and a 404 is returned.
The only way I have discovered how to get it working again is to actually reboot the machine.
What I know:
1) I thought it may be a firewall issue but everthing seems normal there. Restarting the firewall has no effect.
2) After rebooting the actual server machine, the SSL seems to be back and working fine.
3) The SSL cert is valid (expires in July 2004)
4) It has been working absolutely fine since last July.
5) Nothing has been installed on this machine (hardware or software) for about 6 months.
6) Nothing has been modified on the firewall settings for about 6 months.