Activesync - cannot connect - running XP Home, office XP. Outlook 2003
Posted on 2004-04-29
I have a Dell Axim X3. This PocketPC connects fine on other machines but will not activesync with my laptop (Presario X1000). I have spent days on this problem since I was determined to fix it and need it to work and have tried almost everything I can think of including fresh software installs of Activesync and all MS Office products, updates to USB drivers, hard reset of PocketPC. Have scoured dell user groups and MS site. Cannot find a fix anywhere. Any geniuses out there who can solve this problem?
Regardless of whether I use USB or IR, Activesync shows 'Connected' then one second later 'Not Connected' message. The laptop recognises the Win CE device, but Activesync seems to be blocked from seeing it. I have disabled all firewalls, virus protection and other impediments to TCP connectivity. Still no joy. I am running Activsync 3.7.1 but have tried it with 3.7 and 3.5 and still no joy!
I have searched register for orphaned references to old partnerships (there were none) and have run detect and repair in Outlook 2003 after deleting some files (per recommendation on one of the forums).
I have played with all the Activesync settings on the PDA and on the laptop.
This seems to be some kind of firewall issue blocking Activesync from the device, but no firewall is runnnig. I have even one-by-one stopped each running service to see if one of them was interfering. Still no luck.
If anyone can fix this then they are a true troubleshooting heavyweight and worthy of a billion points or more. :)
Responses eagerly awaited.