How do I manage a server for hosting? (Red Hat linux)
Posted on 2004-04-30
I'm going to purchase a server for hosting, and I want to make is secure...
I have a couple of issues if anyone is willing to help with them..
1) Security issues, how do I enforce security on the server?
2) Maintance, what type of maintance does a hosting server require?
3) Applications, what applications do I need for my hosting? so far I only got Cpanel/WHM.
3) kernel? I hear lots of people talking about this...what is it? I'm assuming is a type of format?
4) I just need some tips to attack customers.
The server is a dedicated server of course, with on terabit of bw, and I think 80gb of space...
I also need some advice on setting up everything before I start hosting.
anyone knows what I need to do before I put clients on the server?