Can't send email via a perl script
Posted on 2004-04-30
Sorry about my lack of knowledge here, I am a newbie.
We recently moved our website from an ISP (unix based) to our MS Exchange 2000 server which is using IIS 3.0 and is behind a cisco firewall. We are having problems getting our perl scripts (formmail and soupermail) to send emails. We currently send and recieve emails through microsoft outlook throughout our network without a problem.
Steps that I have taken -
1. I verified that the scripts are working fine. The perl scripts execute without any errors.
2. Following the help files from soupermail script, I downloaded and installed net:smtp for NT from libnet - still no luck there
3. I tried downloading and installing windmail. windmail is able to send mail from a dos command prompt windmail -i, however it still cannot send mail through a script even using their test script they provided
4. then I tried downloading and installing the latest formmail script for NT and also downloaded and installed devmailer. Still no help there. Script appears to execute fine but no email gets sent
5. Yes I even tried using blat to no avail
6. I double checked and triple checked that I have the permissions properly set to allow scripts and executables for the entire path where I installed the programs
7. I followed the help files for devmailer where it had me go into component services and add an application.
8. I checked over and over again the path in the test scripts that were provided for each program to ensure that they were right..
bottom line is that I"m stuck.. I don't care which mailprog I use as long as I can get one of them to work.. supposably net:smtp doesn't need a mailprog but in any case.. I just would like to be able send email from my perl scripts again.. any help would be much appreciated.