I have a computer with the following specifications:
- Motherboard: QDI Kudoz 7 (VIA KT266 Chipset)
- Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
- Graphics card: Elsa Gladiac MX (Geforce 440 MX Chip)
- Memory: 2 DIMM SDRAM Kingston ECC 266MHz (256 & 512 Modules)
- Hard Disk: 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM (40 + 120 GB)
- Other components
My problem is that the computer hangs when I play videos or use Photoshop.
I have tried the following to solve the problem (anything fixed it):
(all tests were realized with minimal components connected)
- Install differents VIA 4in1 and NVidia drivers. (In Linux also hangs, so I discard software problems).
- Change memory
- Change processor (to newer)
- Change hard disk
- Change graphics card (to an ATI)
- Change AGP Timing Value in BIOS (to DA or EA)
- Change AGP Memory Aperture Size (disabling it)
- Change AGP multiplier (to 1X)
The only thing that solves the problem is to change the motherboard.
My question is if someone knows a solution to solve the problem without change the motherboard.