Implement Clustering and Load Balancing
Posted on 2004-07-31
Please help me out here. i have an issue on hand
I have 3 locations connected together on a LAN via 10mbps microwave equipments. I also have 3 servers and each location must have one server. The setup I wish to implement has the following requirements
1. Users are authenticated by a DC depending on their location i.e. users at site A get authenticated by the DC at site A and users at site C get authenticated by the DC at site C.
2. They obtain IP addresses from a DHCP server and can resolve DNS queries in respective locations.
3. All three servers at any point in time have the same content.
4. When one server goes down, users are still able to connect and do whatever on the other 2 still running until that server comes up again.
5. The network is not bogged down with too much network traffic. Is this feasible? How can this be done wheni have one DOMAIN, one LAN and three SITES in mind?