Received error "ActiveX component can't create object" while calling WinFax.SDKSend in VBA
Posted on 2004-08-02
I've just upgraded to WinXP o/s from WinNT. My Access database which calls the WinFax (WinFax Pro version 10) SDK failed with a run-time error "ActiveX component can't create object". Because of this error, I've taken the following steps of action, yet the error remains:
1. Upgraded the database to Access 2002 from Access 2000.
2. Compiled the modules successfully.
3. Checked the library references - all are linked (no MISSING).
4. External library dlls modules are correctly registered with regSvr32.
5. Steps in Microsoft Knowledge Base 319841 have been follow through.
6. Checked to use the latest service pack and versions (DAO 3.6, ActiveX data object 2.8, OLE Automation, Winfax Automation Server, Symantec Winfax Pro Control)
Please advice; what is the solution?
The VBA line of code that caused the error #429 - "ActiveX component can't create object" follows:
Set objWFXSend = CreateObject("WinFax.SDKSend") '<--- Late Binding