1) eZula will not die!
2) I'm running Windows XP Pro (svc pk 2) on this machine.
3) I've been repeatedly running the following two Spy/Ad-ware Scan/Removal Utilities:
a) AdAware (v.6.181)
b) SpyBot (v.1.3)
4) I've Immunized the machine with SpyBot.
5) I've implemented SpyWareBlaster (v.3.2).
6) In Internet Explorer, the following two items are UnChecked:
a) Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)
b) Enable Install On Demand (Other)
7) I’ve removed all Registry entries containing any eZula reference(s) [after making sure it was ok to delete them - be very careful when "fooling" with the Registry, it can be an extremely unforgiving beast].
8) I’ve repeatedly searched for the following files to no avail (I can’t find them anywhere):
9) I’m running Symantec/Norton Internet Security Pro 2004, but I know that won’t/doesn’t help in some Spy/Ad-ware and Trojan situations.
10) All of the above referenced programs/utilities have the most up-to-date definition files.
No matter what I've done, eZula keeps reactivating/installing itself within seconds/minutes of "Removal".
What can be done?
I know I’m probably overlooking something relatively simple…but what?
Please help me, I know eZula may-or-may-not be "malicious"...but it's highly annoying and unnerving!
I can provide you with a HiJack-This log-file if necessary.
I thank you in advance for any and all insights you might be willing and able to provide.
(excuse the "difficult" classification if this is child's play to you, frustration rules!)