Here is the software/hardware config:
- Win ME
- 1.10 GHz AMD Athlon CPU
- MicroStar MS-6330 2.1 Main Circuit Board
- Gateway 4000711 System Model
- AMI BIOS 09/12/2000
- 128 MB RAM
- Master HDD (Drive 0): ST320413A 20 GB
C: Drive 20.01 GB (18.60 GB free)
- Slave HDD Drive 1): Western Digital WD84AA 120 GB (only first 8.4 used)
D: Drive 5.98 GB (4.60 GB free)
E: Drive 2.41 GB (2.41 GB free)
I'm using a PCI POST Card to read BIOS codes. System will not get past POST Code 94. This system was working earlier today, thanks to an answer to my previous post.
I have made the following changes to this system, since the last successful session:
- installed a Powmax 120mm 2500 RPM fan
- installed 128 MB MICRON RAM (bringing total RAM to 256 MB)
The system started freezing at AMI POST 94 and will not get past it. I did the following to try to correct it:
- removed the Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PCI card
- removed the Gateway V.90 Combo modem PCI card
- swapped out both RAM sticks, one at a time
- removed the video card (it gave lots of beeps, but still POST code of 94)
For reference, check out my previous question regarding this system:
"Computer freezes; rebooting gets it further along the POST; then when system finally comes up, freezes again.", posted on 7/30/2004.
I don't know what else to test. Please assist. Thanks.