Retail Point of Sale Solution Search
Posted on 2004-08-04
I'm looking at various Retail PoS solutions. I have some specific requirements:
- Multi-store capability using VPN based data replication (near realtime, not nightly batch)
- Head office (purchasing, material master management, financial consolidation, reporting, loyalty and promotion program management), Back office (receiving, daily store sales, inventory and stock control - bonus: employee time managmenet and store operations) and cash register (sales, returns, customer data entry, customer sales history lookup, gift certificates, loyalty programs front end, etc)
- Ability to manage matrix products (color/size)
- Open and extensive reporting capability
- Security features with role based access for employees
I've used ALM INFINITY PoS in a production environment and found it a bit buggy. I've also looked at MS Retail Management System; I have installed and evaluated it - but I am not sure about putting it into production because the multi-store capability seems to be an afterthought and not designed in from the ground up.
I'm looking for experiences with those or other packages. Please include the software and version that you refer to in your answer.
POINTS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY VALUABLE INPUTS FROM THOSE OF YOU WITH ACTUAL HANDS ON EXPERIENCE.