Well my modem is pctel hsp 56 micromodem. I got the latest drivers pctel-0.9.7 drivers from linmodems suggested by scan modem.
1) Installed the drivers by running ./setup
2) everything went fine [detected my chipset as pct789] and the installation was successful
3) inserted the two modules using insmod -f pctel and insmod -f ptserial. It was loaded with some errors
4) I tried to dial using wvdial ...the message was 'modem not responding'.
5) i tried kppp ...message was 'initializing modem..'
6) I read an article in which disabling the sound driver will sometime make the modem work...did that by commenting the sound line in modules.conf..again modem didn't work
7) btw when i dial using any of the applications my phone line dies away..i have to restart my linux to activate my phone again
THe MOST IMportant thing is that LINUX IS VERY SLOW .iam using amd 2400 + and 256 MB ram ..what is the problem?
Setting up Secure Ubuntu server on VMware
1. Insert the Ubuntu Server distribution CD or attach the ISO of the CD which is in the “Datastore”. Note that it is important to install the x64 edition on servers, not the X86 editions.
2. Power on th…
It’s 2016. Password authentication should be dead — or at least close to dying. But, unfortunately, it has not traversed Quagga stage yet. Using password authentication is like laundering hotel guest linens with a washboard — it’s Passé.
Learn how to get help with Linux/Unix bash shell commands.
Use help to read help documents for built in bash shell commands.: Use man to interface with the online reference manuals for shell commands.: Use man to search man pages for unknown command…