I need to set up 40 identical users on a Win 2000 workstation that has no domain. This workstation will eventually be ghosted to about 20 additional machines in a middle school environment. Here is what I need:
(1) Users should have no priveleges to install software or make major changes to the machine. (USER / GUEST)???
(2) All users will have the same wallpaper, favorites, screensaver, desktop, home page ,etc.
(3) It is extremely important that the user has no power to change the wallpaper, favorites, screensaver, desktop, home page ,etc.
(4) I would prefer not to use "protection" software like Fortres or Foolproof unless it is absolutely necessary
(5) Every user will use "My Documents" to save their individual work, hence I believe a mandatory profile can not be used. No solution which wipes the user Documents and Settings folder is acceptable.
(6) I'm looking a solution that doesn't require a ton of copying and pasting stuff in the Documents and Settings folder.
(7) If there are any small W2K utilities that perform this task that would be ideal.
In addition, I am open to any software that is ideal for a middle school classroom environment where students are limited to make the changes I specified in (3), but still giving students power to "explore". The more detailed a solution, the more likely I will be to give away the points to one unique expert. Thank you for your help.