Solved

unexpected constant Error

Posted on 2004-08-11
5
739 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-20
Hi

I wonder if there is a workaround for this error " Error Occurred While Processing Request  
unexpected constant #127 -1 " The number 127 varies depending on how many lines of JavaScript function I insert.

I'm adding a dynamic menu function that contains 3720 lines. Every time I add the function to the coldfusion template, it generates this error. Even after I remove the function from the template I keep getting the error and the template becomes useless.. Weird uhh? but it's happening to me.

 
Does coldfusion has a limit of lines to be included in a template?
0
Comment
Question by:gaby22
5 Comments
 
LVL 15

Accepted Solution

by:
danrosenthal earned 500 total points
ID: 11777262
Found this on Macromedia's website of known issues:

Large ColdFusion pages
===============
ColdFusion pages that are larger than 500 KB can cause the following compilation error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected constant at coldfusion.compiler.ClassReader.readCpool(ClassReader.java:153)  

Link: http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/mx/knownissues_mx_j2ee_p2.html
0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:Jerry_Pang
ID: 11780196
this happened to me before.

I think i use cf_include statements to workaround this problem.  
This usually happens to me if the files gets too big.
I split the file into multiple small files and 1 file to cf_include them all.


give it a try

regards,
jerry
0
 

Author Comment

by:gaby22
ID: 11793769
I tried using includes without any luck. I also tried using <script language="javascript" src="file.js> to avoid having the page with long scripts but doesn't work either.
0
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:russmichaels
ID: 11800831
Are you sure that there is not something else on the page conflicting with this javascript. Do you have any other scripts onthe page.
0
 
LVL 9

Expert Comment

by:Jerry_Pang
ID: 11817781
hmm.. i thinking there might be something on the page.
perhaps a comment that was not closed
<!--- with out --->
or <!--- <!--- --->

or something like that. probably a syntax error or an unclosed tag.
or a # somewhere without the pair.


0

Featured Post

Networking for the Cloud Era

Join Microsoft and Riverbed for a discussion and demonstration of enhancements to SteelConnect:
-One-click orchestration and cloud connectivity in Azure environments
-Tight integration of SD-WAN and WAN optimization capabilities
-Scalability and resiliency equal to a data center

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
New OSQA server has a ton of fake users 4 71
Connect to MS-SQL server from Linux/PHP 8 89
apply ddos protection on all network interface 2 124
http to https 3 70
Most ColdFusion developers get confused between the CFSet, Duplicate, and Structcopy methods of copying a Structure, especially which one to use when. This Article will explain the differences in the approaches with examples; therefore, after readin…
One of the typical problems I have experienced is when you have to move a web server from one hosting site to another. You normally prepare all on the new host, transfer the site, change DNS and cross your fingers hoping all will be ok on new server…
The purpose of this video is to demonstrate how to manually back up a WordPress Database. This will be demonstrated using a Windows 8 PC. The Host used will be IPage.com Log into your Hosting account. IPage will be used for demonstration : Locat…
The purpose of this video is to demonstrate how to integrate Mailchimp with Facebook. This will be demonstrated using a Windows 8 PC. Mailchimp and Facebook will be used. Log into your Mailchimp account. : Click on your name. Go to Account Setti…

820 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question