First, my apologies if I put this question in the wrong area.
My client has 2 different websites hosted by the same external hosting company.
From inside my client's network we can access the first website www.site1.com
without any issues.
However, from inside my client's network we can't access the second website www.site2.com
Here are my troubleshooting steps.
1. Performed NSLOOKUP on both sites from inside my client's network. No issues. Both "www.site1.com
" and "www.site2.com
" resolve to correct IP address respectively.
2. I can access both "www.site1.com
" and "www.site2.com
" outside of my client's facility. However, I can only access "www.site1.com
", but can't access "www.site2.com
" from inside my client's facility.
3. I've tried using IP address for "www.site2.com
" as a url from a web browser as such http://216.147.xxx.xx
from inside my client's facility. That didn't work.
4. I've performed all of the above steps on different PCs with different OSs inside my client's facility. The OSs are as follows. Windows XP Pro, Windows 98SE, Windows 2003 SBS. All with the same results. Failure to access "www.site2.com
5. I've checked my client's active firewall log to see if the "www.site2.com
" site is being blocked, either by name, ip address, or other. Nothing.
6. I've changed the external IP address of my client's firewall to a different IP address in the same range in hopes that if our external IP address was be blocked by our webhost provider that would fix the problem.
7. I've performed traceroutes to both sites from inside my client's facility with the same results.
My only thoughts are that our web host provider has a firewall that is blocking my client's external network address from accessing the "www.site2.com
Other than that, I'm at a loss. Any suggestions.
My Client's Network consists of 2 Servers. 1 Windows 2000 SBS (Primary DNS) for Exchange and File Services and 1 Windows 2000 Server for SQL (Secondary DNS). Most workstations are XP Pro with exception of a couple that are Win98se. They have a WatchGuard 100 Firewall and have internet and phone access via CBEYOND.