I am running XP and IE6.0 on a Dell Laptop. Both came installed. Everything worked fine and I may have done an upgrade to IE, but I’m not sure. At some point in the last month or so, I started getting what appear to be scripting errors. These occurred on a number of sites and the most reliable one that showed at least one error every time I visited it was
The error takes the form of a dialog box: “A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?” It references a line and a particular error, gives yes/no boxes and asks if I want to debug. If I answer “yes”, I get the following error and my machine hangs:
“An exception ‘Runtime Error’ has occurred in Script.
However, no debuggers are registered that can debug this exception. Unable to JIT debug.”
I often get as many as three of these on one page. As a specific example, the given URL today gave two errors:
Error: Access is denied.
Error: ‘pl’ is undefined
I have “repaired” my OS installation twice on the advice of my OEM, which did not help. At some point, I also upgraded IE and added whatever current security fixes there were available and this also did not help. However, at some point in the process the format of the errors changed. What I’ve listed is what it does now, but previously I got a larger dialog box saying that an error had occurred and asking me if I wanted to continue running the script.