No video Signal, but AGP Video card works in other conputers
Posted on 2004-08-12
Mobo: Gigabyte P4 Titan; Procsr: 2.8GHz P4 Pent.; OS=XP Pro w/all updates; Pwr sply = 400 watts-working fine; CPU fans [3 tot.]--working; onbrd LAN; HDD [Maxtor, 40GB].
Video: RAEDON 7000 [64MB OBmem]; NO ONBOARD VIDEO--so no video CMOS video settings in CMOS.
Periphs: ALL DISCONNECTED AND REMOVED!
Scenario: 4 mo. old MoBo malfunctioned; sent back to Japan for warranty repair; received back today. Re-installed MoBo w/512MB RAM [1 stick]; hard drive; original monitor connected to it prior to repair. On boot up: "NO SIGNAL" appears on screen w/ normal colors in background, as if no monitor is connected at all, to MoBo.
Troubleshooting tried [usuccessfully]: System boot SOUNDS FINE, but:
1. Checked Mobo; monitor; hard drive; memory stick; power cable conections--all good; Rebooted--"NO SIGNAL" appears; post boot-beep heard.
2. Removed AGP video card; tested in another system w/monitor of repaired system AND a second monitor--works fine.
3. Checked AGP card for defects; dirt, etc--nothing found; Blew out AGP card slot in repaired sys.; reseated AGP card; booted system--"NO SIGNAL" appears still, w/colors on screen, in background.
4. Ruled out memory card problem, since works in other system and w/mul;tiple monitors.
5. Tested 2 monitors plugged in AGP card, on repaired MoBo system--"NO SIGNAL" appears with either connected.
6. Reset CMOS on repaired Mobo--no change; same result.
7. Tested power supply from repaired MoBo system, in another system--works fine.
8. Turning to you guys and ladies now, for help...Pretty Stuck, now.