Basic Firewall questions
Posted on 2004-08-12
I would like to upgrade our firewall to one that would have the following abilities:
1. function as a VPN endpoint, so that incoming client connections (from non static IP addresses) can be accepted. I would like to find a VPN appliance that can handle all of the encryption so that I don't have to use one of my windows 2000 servers for this task. I need only about 5-10 VPN tunnels with only a few concurrent connections
2. Have an access control feature that I can block internet access by username or group.
3. Easy to configure and maintain.
4. Be somewhat affordable (we are a small business).
5. Support no more than 50 users.
Someone recommended the Cisco PIX 501. Any thoughts?
Thanks for the input.