I foolishly installed Hotbar (see www.hotbar.com
) in response to an e-mail message from a colleague. I uninstalled it soon after, but now each time Outlook starts up, the following two error messages are displayed:
The add-in "C:\PROGRA~1\Hotbar\bin\45
Ext.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be
resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.
The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\22.214.171.124\R
dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be
resolved by usning Detect and Repair on the Help menu.
The problem persists even though I have tried all the following procedures:
* Used Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs to uninstall Hotbar.
* Run a Hotbar uninstaller utility (available from many tech support websites).
* Run Detect and Repair on the Outlook Help menu.
* Used Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs to uninstall and reinstall Outlook (using the Office installation CD).
* Used NoAdware and Spy Sweeper to detect and remove all adware traces.
* Used Registry Cleaner from PAL Solutions to scan and clean up the Windows Registry.
I am using Windows XP Professional and Office 2003.
I am at my wits' end. How can I solve this problem so Outlook starts up smoothly without displaying these error messages?