I am having problems with Doom 3. Graphics break up sometimes pixelate (colours) sometimes black triangles. The game will run as long as 20 minutes and sometimes as little as 1 minute. Have tried everyhing I can think of to resolve the problem but I am unable to access any AGP settings in the BIOS of my Sony Vaio PCVRS 520 desktop.
OS is Windows XP Home, all critical updates are installed. Intel Pentium 4 processor, 3 MHZ, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM.
- updated Intel AGP Chipset
- downloaded and installed ATI Doom driver (v. 4.9)
- disabled "Fast Write" on SmartGart tab
- disabled "Enable Write Combining" on Troubleshoot tab
- changed Doom 3 settings to enable Vertical Sync
- changed Doom quality settings from High (automatic detect setting) to medium
The only thing I haven't done is talk to ATI to see if I need to uninstal the previous graphics driver which is for a Radeon 9200 in case there is some conflict. Sony Tech Support suggested this as a possibility and ATI support is not available on the weekend.
There is no BIOS update available from Sony. ATI did send me a list of recommended BIOS settings for this card but I can't access any of them.
The other thing I noticed is that the Radeon card shares IRQ16 with 2 USB universal host controllers. I don't know if this makes any difference.
Would greatly appreciate any help. I'm completely stuck.