in trying to access a device at a web address, an access point.
normally i would get a 3com dialogue, asking for a username/password.
tried it last nite and got the normal un/pw, but then after hitting enter to continue instead of seeing the normally expected graphics for the buttons on the next page, i saw the frame (i think outline) and the little red X that you see if a picture isnt available. when i tried clicking on what s/b the correct option the program says bad login and restarts the login. i tried this for a 2nd access point at the same place and this time it just wouldnt load the dialogue, and said page not found.
yet when i tried to access these same to ip addresses from a different computer it worked fine. so i figured my IE temp files were corrupted or something, and deleted them, the history, the online files etc on the offending machine. no luck. tried the good machine again, worked fine.
so what else would be different between the two machines that could cause this.
note the offending machine i am remoting into, the local machine is in fact local.
the funny part is, last week i had a similar occurence with 2 other access points with different ips involved, but the remote machine was the one that worked fine, and the local one wasnt.
i had heard of an 'arp cache' and thought initially maybe that was it, but when i read more on it, i dont think so.
looking for help.