We are in the position to move 50 + GB data to new volume on the same server.
looking to something like below..
There is lot of share with diff permission and files& folders with different NTFS rights.
1. Current volume is R : which is 50 GB and 49 GB is full.
2. We already created one volume which is 150 GB. S:
3. Our plan is to copy data from 50 GB R: volume to 150 GB S: volume.( No backup software in place )
4. make sure shares are created back and applied with all file rights and NTFS rights.
5. Change the drive letter for the 50 GB volume to T: and assign R: for new 150 GB drive.
6. Now user shd be able to work in the new drive without any change in their mapping.
Now I am looking for some tools for step 4.
gather all share information ( share name - fodler shared - user permissions to the share )
gather all NTFS permissions.
using some tools create the shares ( with permissions) back.
and as well for NTFS permissions.
I tried with srvcheck.exe for shares. That is not giving all share informations.
and i thought of ntrights.exe and showacls.exe ....but i am looking for something better way then this....
NTFS file system has been developed by Microsoft that is widely used by Windows NT operating system and its advanced versions. It is the mostly used over FAT file system as it provides superior features like reliability, security, storage, efficienc…
Exchange administrators are always vigilant about Exchange crashes and disasters that are possible any time. It is quite essential to identify the symptoms of a possible Exchange issue and be prepared with a proper recovery plan. There are multiple…
This Micro Tutorial will teach you how to add a cinematic look to any film or video out there. There are very few simple steps that you will follow to do so.
This will be demonstrated using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
Are you ready to place your question in front of subject-matter experts for more timely responses? With the release of Priority Question, Premium Members, Team Accounts and Qualified Experts can now identify the emergent level of their issue, signal…