TFT not working on laptop.....
Posted on 2004-08-18
Desparate for a fix here..........
One of my customers has a:
DELL Latitude C540/C640 XP PRO SP1a/NIC connection to LAN (work LAN).
C/Port II Docking station
TFT Ultrasharp 17" monitor
The TFT monitor goes into power save mode because it thinks there is no signal from the laptop (this was working fine before)
The TFT dont work on his machine anymore. I need this fixed.
This is what I have tried but has not fixed the problem!:
1. CRT monitor on docking station works.
2. Changing VGA cable on TFT
3. Tried TFT on another PC, works fine, nothing wrong with monitor or cables, or power, was on for hours.
4. Changed resolution down to 1024 x 768
5. Deleted docking profile from laptop, booted up on DStn, still now display
6. connected TFT monitor to laptop directly, no display.
7. Tried Fn and F8 keys, to toggle between LCD on laptop and TFT, still no good.
The TFT has a DVI connector on the back, but I made sure the monitor is set to analog because it worked on my old video card.
We know the TFT works
we know the laptop works
we know the dock station works
but just this TFT on this laptop dont work, (I remind you, that it has worked for abouit a year before this)
what can I do now?