I have a Brother HL-1450 (just a simple laser printer) locally installed on our server, through LPT1. Today, it has stopped working. When I try to print out, it says "There was an error found when printing the document....to LPT1."
I swapped the printer for an identical one in the next room (that I know to be working), and get the same error message. I've re-installed drivers, re-started the server, checked permissions, checked the cable.
When I check the printer's status thru the printers folder, it shows the printer to be ready and functioning fine. Usually I am able to trace the problem by elimination, but this one has got be me puzzled.
I have another printer locally installed on this server, through a TCP/IP port. I can print out from this, no problem. It's the LPT1 printer that is the problem. This LPT1 printer is shared by three or four other PCs as a network printer. None of these can print out either - it produces the same error message on the server.
One last thing, I recently installed Print Manager Plus. The printer in question has worked fine under this, however.