terminal services licensing

Hi - more questions!

Running server 2003 pro with terminal services say 20 licenses, do we also have to purchase client licenses for the file server itself on top of the TS ones?

Who is Participating?
scampgbConnect With a Mentor Commented:
Hi carillian,

Yes - You will need a Server licence per server, a Server CAL per client, and a Terminal Services CAL per client.

You can find out more information at : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/ts2003.mspx

I hope that this helps - let me know if you need any further help.
carillianAuthor Commented:
bingo! thanks
Hi.  Thanks for the "A".  Glad I could help :-)
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.